A healthy and positive workplace atmosphere without doubt creates a much more productive environment. Being able to have fun with your colleagues, interact with them socially outside the workplace and enjoy their company whilst working, will ensure people enjoy coming to work with an attitude that shows they feel responsible for more than their job and don’t mope around saying they just work there.
Run through this checklist and rate each question ‘not particularly, ‘ok, but could be better’, or ’absolutely’.
- I am keen to come to work
- I get along really well with my workmates
- We have a laugh together at work
- We work together as a team effectively
- We’re happy to put in extra work when it’s needed
- My workmates and I are enthusiastic about what needs to be done
- There is a high level of energy in our workplace
- We enjoy socialising away from work
- We support each other to be active and healthy
- I feel the organisation I work for looks after me
If you’ve answered ‘absolutely’ to the majority of these statements, then that’s fantastic. I’ll bet your team and workplace is productive, energetic, positive and confident.
Alternatively, if you’ve gone the other direction, then I’m guessing enthusiasm is minimal, people are regularly taking sick days, you have a fair turnover of staff and people turn up spot on starting time and leave spot on knock off time.
Businesses and employers who have already identified the benefits of creating a healthy workplace environment are reaping the rewards of having implemented team building and wellness programs.
Any workplace can be injected with enthusiasm, enhanced with energy and developed to exude team morale. It may take 12 months or it may only take 3 months, but it certainly can’t be achieved by keeping things the same and expecting a different result. To initiate a positive change, have a read about our team building opportunities, or give me a call to discuss your specific needs and challenges.
Remember that some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, whilst others make it happen.