A lot of the times what we want to achieve is going to be based on our physical condition, for example
- I want to lose fat
- I want to complete a 5km fun run
- I want to do an Olympic distance triathlon
- I want to be a healthy role model for my kids
- I want to fit into my clothes
To be able to achieve these things, you’re going to need to work through a process – a journey. It’s not hard to plan a road trip and go on a holiday is it?
- Start with working out where you want to go
- Google your location to see where you’re currently at, compared to where you want to go
- Do some research about the location and the destinations along the way
- Work out what travel, food and accommodation you’re going to need to organise to get there
- Write up an itinerary so you know where you’ve got to be on certain days
- Set off on your journey and facebook, tweet, text, blog, email, instagram or take a diary to share with friends and family
- Change your journey around mid trip if something pops up that looks appealing
- Have a great time
- Create a picture movie or scrapbook when you get back
- Start planning the next trip
We’ve all gone through this journey before. It’s not hard to plan. It was fun. There were challenges that popped up, but we overcame them.
This same journey can be replicated to help you achieve anything you want to commit to achieving. Try it now. Not tomorrow, now. I know you want to achieve something.
- Write down what you want to achieve
- Work out where you’re currently at in relation to this goal
- Find out what you need to do now, in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months and 2 years time to help you get there
- Find out what you need to do in each of the periods above, to help you get to where you want to be
- Put all this information together and break it down into a timeline
- Get started and record your progress
- See how you’re going – if things aren’t going to plan, keep going, but change things around where you need to.
- Remember, you’re on a journey, so enjoy it!
- Evaluate your successes and challenges. Celebrate and reflect.
- See, you can do it, so what’s next?
Nothing can stop you achieving what you want to achieve.
Believe it, plan it, live it, enjoy it, replicate it